Sunday, June 7, 2009

Back in Time

Today as I was attempting to download an updated version on my blackberry I may have done something wrong. The instructions said that it would take about 2 hours to complete the download and now it is 9pm and the process started at 10am. Nothing to look at on the screen just a blinking red light in the upper right corner.
So, no phone to speak of...
Can you remember when there was no cell phones, blogs, e-mail and computers were as big as a house. How did we ever get along? I can remember writing letters! A phone call was made and you could not talk to long because you were tying up the line for not only those in your house but if you had a party line you could be tying up the line for the whole neighborhood.
Now a piece of technology goes out and we feel like we are communication impaired.
I have no answers for the problem but how would it be living off the grid. Just think, no phone calls at dinner time. Of course there would actually be a dinner not a time that we find an opportunity to eat.
Soap boxy, eh?
Later!

1 comment:

  1. well now I know why you didn't call or answer my call when I called you good luck with your phone, miss you.

    ReplyDelete